Tuesday 1 November 2011

at home

The latest challenge at from Screen 2 Scrap is an apt one for this time of year it's from the Movie poster- Home for the Holidays ( see below)

As usual Shazza has added a few other requirements-
journalling in white pen
a photo of a family gathering
and the word home in the title


this one posed a few problems for me- mainly the photo- I had some great photos from Stanley's recent birthday of him and his cousins but my printer is not playing ball- so then I looked through my old family photos and found not much at all- i don't seem to have any photos with all the family together that I could combine with a title that included the word home- i had photos of us out and about, photos of us at parties, weddings and christenings and photos from funerals ( is it just my family that takes photos at funerals?)

So this photo was my last resort- my Mum, Nan, Stanley and me posing together in the pre digital age- so no chance to realise Mum's eyes were closed and Stanley was looking the wrong way. But I'm very grateful for the photo- I don't have Mum and Nan any more- they never got to meet my other two children - so I'm just pleased to have it at all- Nan was wearing a wig in the photo because she was struggling with cancer when the picture was taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment