Monday 11 July 2011

Octoroon Girl (s)


the challenge at Artastic this month is a painting I've never heard of called Octoroon Girl- Shazza has specified the following things on the LO
1. A picture of yourself ( I hope I'm allowed to have a photo of me and someone)
2. colours of red and maroon
3. a hat or gloves- I added the piece of Cosmo cricket specially as she has a hat on in the picture and it was the only thing I could find

The photo is me and Nancy dressed up in our bridesmaids dresses for my sister's wedding last month
the random looking 11 on there was because the wedding was on the 11th of June
This was the inspiration

12 comments:

  1. Love this Karen and love the background so effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Karen, really like how you have designed your page. The title you have created is also very creative and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen;0) Great LO! Love the pic of you and your little girl, very cute. And I absolutely love how you sprayed the "together" on your Lo. Great idea! Thank you for joining us over at ARTastic;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month Karen! Love the Bridesmaids photo and all your red and maroon bits and pieces! Great page...well done!
    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the misting, Karen and the great picture! You've used some wonderful embellies as well. Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page Karen!!! Very beautiful!!! YOu nailed it... Thanks for playing along with ARTastic...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page! I love the misting/masking you did for the title :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you have misted the title. It looks fantastic Karen.
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous, I love that you have added Nancy and how clever is that random 11 to be the date. Love this. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your LO - with a touch of vintage embellies - beautiful pic too. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think this is great, love the way you did the title, and the 11 card is just so appropriate for this, a great page, thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your title as well, what a great idea, thanks for playing along with us this month, a fantastic entry

    ReplyDelete