Thursday 16 June 2011

Betsy McCall and the Counterfeit Kit ( hey that sounds like a mystery story to me)

The Counterfeit kit mini challenge is to use and advert as inspiration for a LO.

My sister got married this weekend so I have a few photos to scrap of the day ( just a few- in fact not as many as I'd like to have as i was bridesmaid and didn't have control of the camera)

This Lo shows Paula and Dan saying their vows- I used the advert below as the inspiration- I'm making her a wedding scrapbook as her gift and I thought I'd use kraft card stock as the basis for all the LOs-

the advert


This Lo is also the wedding and also the Counterfeit kit- Nancy was bridesmaid in her own way- she spent most of the day with a dirty face, muddy shoes and cola and cherry stains down her dress!

Do you like the little girl on the LO? I found her at the link below. They have Betsy McCall paper dolls from the 1950s to the 1960s that you can download and print- there is an example of a page below. I think I am going to frame a few for Nancy's room

Find the paper dolls here- Betsy McCall

8 comments:

  1. I adore your layout based on the advert - so sweet. (and i love the sound of the Bombay Sapphire drink too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this challenge. Great job! Thanks for sharing the paper dolls. I remember these from the magazines my grandmother had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those are adorable layouts. If I had seen that one ad, I'd have skipped scrapping and grabbed hubby's Bombay Sapphire and dressed it up with fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your layout was inspired by the ad...very cool! And those paper dolls are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the challenge! Thank you for the paper doll link, those are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome is your inspirational pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I totally want to try the drink! HA! Great work with the ad challenge, glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the paper doll link!

    Great LO. Love the ad that you chose and your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete