Monday 11 April 2011

Vintage sketches

I had some great finds at our school book and bake sale on Friday- a reprint of a sixties book called Nurse Nancy- I may have to scan in some of the pictures to use as embellishments, a french edition of Ali Baba with beautiful old pictures which I will be using on pages and a dictionary which has already made its appearance on my Los including both of the pages below- Its a Portuguese/ German dictionary so absolutely no for me but great for scrapbooking!

The first LO is for Sassy Lil' sketches although I'm tempted to enter it for Scrap that poetry as well ( i had picked out two other lines from the poems to use for LOs but I was inspired by Shazza to use this photo the line is "Screaming children" from the poem Calmly We Walk Through This April's Day by Delmore Schwartz ) As you can see I'm going rather vintage today- there's a scrap on thereand a journalling block from Crate Paper- I really want some more of those!
this was the sketch


And this one is for Pencil Lines
I cut the boy on the rocking horse out from the reverse of the yellow patterned paper and added a page from my new ( old ) dictionary- I used my bird punch sideways for a change!
And the sketch

Sk233


Why don't you pop over to Scrapbookers Anonymous and check out their design team call-its a great team to be on and they have some really cool challenges lined up for the next few months- go on- I'm sure you'd enjoy it

4 comments:

  1. Love the layout you did for Pencil Lines! Thanks for participating in the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you are quick! I love what you created with our poem! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap that Poetry... it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love your take on the line screaming children!
    Fantastic page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Karen... love the photo!

    ReplyDelete