Wednesday 13 April 2011

Card?

It's my week for the design team over at Twisted sketches this week- go and have a look to see what the sketch is but my version is here.

The twist this week is card- any way any how - and I was racking my brains to think of an idea for this- the brainwave happened when I was searching through a pile of old photos and found a postcard- I had sent it to my Nan in 1980 when I was 6 and she had kept it. I scanned it into the computer and printed a copy of the front of the card to use on my LO- the handwritten back of the card is tucked in the envelope on the LO- it's especially nice because my Mum had written the address so I have her handwriting on it as well as mine age 6.

the postcard a a great tinted effect on it giving it a very vintage feel- I added a vintage cigarette card of a diving lady to add to the vintage feel.
Get to Twisted Sketches here

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great thing to have tucked away and to be able to scrapbook! Love the colors on the postcard and what you did with the cirles! And I really like how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea on this for saving a postcard. I have things tucked away too with my dad's handwriting.
    may need to scraplift.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! I love your interpretation of the "card" twist from this week's sketch. I found it difficult, too, but you really came up with a great idea. I also like the products you used together. Nice result. :-)

    ReplyDelete