Sunday 6 March 2011

My Counterfeit Kit March



I'm really rather pleased with this month's choice over at the Counterfeit kit Challenge blog- they've chosen the March Studio Calico kit to counterfeit and it is one that I had looked longingly at knowing I couldn't afford to buy it especially with the postage costs to here ( and its now sold out)

I know that as soon as the Cosmo Cricket papers in the Studio Calico add on kit are available over here I'll need to buy them but until they are at least I have my nice new kit to play with!

This is the Studio Calico Main Kit ( here)

Sc_march_2011-2

And this is my version ( sorry about the shadows on the photo I was trying to catch the last of the sun!)
In mine are 8 sheets of card in browns and creams ( 2 of each colour)
an SEI Moonshine paper
4 Basic grey papers
A Hambly woodgrain paper
an 2 American Crafts papers- one botanique and one that is actually in the kit!

Here is a close up of the papers
and these are my embellishments
there are some pages from an old sheet music book
some orange paper flowers and yellow thickers
some scraps of paper
a star punch
and some tags with bike stamps that I made for the kit ( they are really like bits from the Studio Calico add on but I just wanted to make one kit!)
A close up of the tags
Oh and I forgot to carry down stairs the butterfly stamp and punch and once I'd taken the photo I realised the buttons were strewn all over the garden so I picked them up and took a photo to prove they were there!

21 comments:

  1. I love your kit-Those tags are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love your tags! I could use one of those stamps of the old big wheel bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bike tags...Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tags! You've put a really nice kit together - hopefully you won't miss the real thing too much ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty kit! Your tags are awesome!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bicycle tags! Fabulous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh! Those papers are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely kit full of elements from all of the Studio Calico choices. And much cheaper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Kit and I love those bike tags and great choice of papers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tags rock! Your projects will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your warm color and your embellishments. Can't wait to see what you create.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I think you did a great job pulling a kit that is very similar in style and feel to the original! Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors in your kit match the original so perfectly! I like the mix of embellishments you choose too!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun kit, right down to the tags and buttons. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great kit! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great kit, I love your woodgrain papers! The bicycle tags are so super fun!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the direction you have taken this in! Your kit has such a beautiful, natural feel to it. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the browns and pops of orange. The tags you made rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the subdued tones of your papers! Those tags are to die for!

    ReplyDelete