Tuesday 1 March 2011

March Challenge- Scrapbookers Anonymous

The latest challenge over at Scrapbookers Anonymous is flowers - at least seven on your LO- and not anything hand made ( which I love to do) no use up that stash of flowers that has been laying unused in a box for months or years!

This one was a real challenge- I love other people's Los with flowers on them- I love the way they group them in a big bunch at the corner of the photo

But when I come to do it it looks - well not quite right! ( I think its because I never buy expensive flowers thinking I'd need at least four packets to do what I'd like!)

So anyway I wanted to do something different to the swathe of flowers and I came up with this.

I found six paper flowers that toned in with my tea cup paper matted them onto punched out flowers ( made from an old recipe book - see the theme) and then matted them onto the card square. In the case of the brown flower I punched a small star from the recipe book for a centre.

In the meantime I managed to completely lose the rest of the packet of flowers 20 minutes later I gave up and found a different flower to embellish the chipboard tea cup ( as seven was the required number!)

join us now there is always a lovely prize on offer

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty !!! Love how you've framed the flowers in the squares. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your layout looks great and I love your creativity in using the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, matting the flowers on a recipe book! You've done a great job with this paper, it's not an easy one to use. And I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete